Hope Children's Home
Hope Children’s Home is a child-centered charitable children’s institution located in Kimoson village, Kaplamai location, in Trans Nzoia. The facility was established in 2012 by Fred and Alice Afwai, the lead pastors of Candlelight Ministries to assist the high number of OVCs in the area.
The Home currently caters for 23 children by providing them with food, medical care, clothing and education and also supports 30 more children staying with their guardians by providing school fees and scholastics.
Click here if you like to support some of the high school students in the Candlelight program
A society where children are respected and valued; where all children are cherished and supported; where they enjoy a fulfilling childhood and realize their full potential.
Hand with Hope Safe House exists to provide a foundation for the physical, social, emotional and spiritual well being of OVCs.
Our Strategic Objectives
- To safeguard the rights of orphans and vulnerable children against any form of violation.
- To initiate and promote targeted programs that build the capacity of the community to effectively cater for the basic needs of the children.
- To provide orphans and vulnerable children with access to the basic human needs including food, shelter, healthcare, clothing and education.
- To create linkages that is focused on eliminating all forms of vulnerability in children thereby enhancing their safety and well being.
Our Core Values
- Respect for children’s rights
- Service and dedication to the well being of children
- Integrity and honesty in the discharge of our mandate
- Professionalism, efficiency and effectiveness
- Non-discrimiunation Equality and fairness
- Transparency and accountability
- Partnership, collaboration and networking
In addition to providing shelter, the Home caters for the daily nutritional needs of the OVCs under our care and in the neighborhood.
The OVCs under our care are under a full educational sponsorship program up to secondary school level. Eight of them have also benefitted through post-secondary sponsorship to pursue education in middle level colleges, courtesy of partners. The sponsorship includes school uniforms, stationery and field study tours. There is also a leadership development component under this program that ensures children’s leadership capacities are developed while at a young age. The other children from the community benefit from this program.
We take the health of the OVCs seriously because we know and believe that a healthy child is a successful child. The management organizes periodical free medical camps where the children’s health is well checked and relevant and appropriate medication administered. Those who fall ill are referred to the local dispensary.
Bible Club program
The home is built on a Christian foundation, to help children grow in the fear of God, Bible Club program was initiated. We believe through the program the home will develop future missionaries
© Sahaya International, 2017